Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Song of the Day: Lagi to Mushkil Hogi!

OMG, I was JUST thinking of this song the other day, and Filmi Geek recently blogged about the movie Ashanti (1982) and mentioned this song!!! When I was 8 years old, my sister, my mom's student Malini and I did this dance when our troupe did a performance tour around the Midwest and it was always a huge hit with the crowd. We were pretty funny I imagine, three kids ages 8-11 ... dressed in 9-yard sarees and shaking our non-existant hips to the max. I have actually never watched the original video of this song before tonight. But wow, what a Trifecta! Shabana Azmi, Parveen Babi AND Zeenat?? How did I never see this movie? And as I stated before, 1982 was THE YEAR. How could so much awesomeness be produced in just one year?

So here's today's Song of the Day: Laungi Mirchi from the 1982 movie Ashanti starring the above-mentioned Trifecta of heroines and Rajesh Khanna w/ a prosthetic leg. Sweeeeeet.


No comments:

Post a Comment