Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Salman! - Bollystalgia Podcast Episode 3


After a long delay, I'm back with a podcast episode of my favorite Salman Khan songs from the 90s to 2010. I go extra gaga in this episode because I had a massive crush on Salman when I was 14, and yes, I still have residue from that crush remaining in my heart, especially after seeing his awesomeness in Dabangg this year.

Still, my fondest memories are of his early songs - so here's a trip down memory lane of my favorite Salman songs - right in time for his birthday today (December 27th, 2010). You can listen to the episode here:



Or you can download it here:
Download this episode (right click and save)

You can also subscribe on iTunes.

Again, I'm still learning here so please be kind about technical/sound editing issues - I'm still working on these skills and mostly do this when my husband and toddler are sleeping. Also some of these songs are sort of difficult to find online and so the sound quality isn't always fabulous, so I apologize for that.

Again comments and constructive criticism are always appreciated, and particularly if anyone has a thought or comment that they'd like to share on-air for the next episode, I'd love to make this more interactive. You can submit questions/comments via email, on twitter or send me an mp3 of your voice.

I also made a playlist on YouTube of all of these songs, so you can check them out to see Salman in all his glory! The transformation over the years is quite remarkable!



Thanks for checking it out - and Happy Holidays and Best Wishes for a wonderful New Year! See you all in 2011!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this podcast very much, Amaluu - beautiful songs, some of which I hadn't heard before and will definitely be re-visiting. Salman was SO charming and likeable in his early films, and as you said, he certainly still has his appeal these days, with the huge success of 'Dabanng'. When I rediscovered Bollywood and started actively seeking out Bollywood films (about 5 years ago), I started out REALLY disliking Salman - I simply couldn't stand what I concluded was his bravado, immaturity and annoying propensity to take his shirt off. But after watching a lot more of his films, I've had to revise my opinion of him! I am looking forward to watching some of the films you've mentioned in this podcast. By the way, I really don't know much about podcasts, but I thought the sound quality was really great. I could tell that a lot of work went into recording and editing it, and I think it came out beautifully. Looking forward to your next podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! That is great encouragement for me to try this again. You're not alone in your initial reaction to Salman, and despite being a huge fan I'd still say he's not a very good actor, but he does have a certain charm. Of his old films, I remember liking Patthar Ke Phool and Ek Ladka Ek Ladki a lot. Let me know if you get a chance to check them out!

    ReplyDelete