Tuesday, October 25, 2011

30-Day Bollywood Soundtrack Challenge - Days 1-5

So back in July I discovered the 30-Day Bollywood Soundtrack Challenge on Facebook and it sounded like too much fun so I had to participate. Obviously, I haven't completed this effort in 30 days, since it's now late October and I still haven't finished. But I've been having so much fun thinking of the various songs that I decided to also share them on twitter with the hashtag #30DayBollySongChallenge and was THRILLED when fun, fearless bloggers like Beth Loves Bollywood, ApunBindaas and Totally Filmi as well as tweeters like @dolce_and_namak and @elegnt_hedgehg joined in the fun!

These guys were putting their song choices into blog posts, which I realized was an excellent way to keep record of them for posterity. So I dug way back into my Facebook timeline to find my earliest choices for this challenge, and here they are!

30 DAY BOLLYWOOD SOUNDTRACK CHALLENGE

Day 1: A song that makes you happy:

"Zindagi Milke Bitayenge" is from my all-time favorite movie Satte Pe Satta (1982), and I cannot listen to it without getting a huge cheesy smile on my face.



Day 2: A song that makes you sad:

"Jidhar Dekhoon" sung by Amitabh Bachchan himself from the movie Mahaan (1983) is beautiful and heartwrenching.

*unfortunately there are no embeddable links to this song on YouTube, but click the song title above to link to the song*

Day 3: A song you like driving to:

"O Mere Dil Ke Chain" from Mere Jeevan Saathi (1972) - it's that R.D. Burman bongo beat + Kishore Kumar's voice that gets me.



Day 4 - A song you like walking to:

"Khatooba" from Ali Baba Aur 40 Chor (1980) ... it's pretty random but I have an awesome remix of it on my iPod that it's especially good for when I need to walk fast.



Day 5 - A song that reminds you of someone:

"Mera Laung Gawacha" from Naagmani (1991) will forever remind me of the Jajoo Sisters - three sisters that lived in the Metro Detroit area that were famous for dancing this song back when we were teens.



So there are my first 5 choices. What would you choose? Please feel free to join in the fun either on Facebook, Twitter or on your own blog!

1 comment:

  1. These guys were putting their song choices into blog posts, which I realized was an excellent way to keep record of them for posterity. So I dug way back into my Facebook timeline to find my earliest choices for this challenge, and here they are! single bed razai cover , bath towels in bulk ,

    ReplyDelete