Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Song of the Day: Anita Raj romances a "special" looking Sanjay Dutt in Zameen Aasmaan

This has been my earworm lately ...



And it's been a repeat offender on my iPod for a while now and when it gets stuck in my head it REALLY gets stuck. It's from the 1984 movie Zameen Aasmaan starring Sanjay Dutt and the lovely Anita Raaj as young lovers, though the story centers around a love triangle with Raakhee, Shashi Kapoor, and Rekha.

What gets me about this song is the bass guitar. It is the absolute heart of this song and I'm obsessed with it. Lata's vocals are flawless of course, and the entire orchestration is lovely, but the bass guitar is what keeps me coming back to this song over and over. There is something about this song that is just so quintessentially R.D. Burman to me. So brilliant!

And doesn't Sanju Baba look really ... ahem ... "special"?

No comments:

Post a Comment